Friday, January 22, 2010

Juris speaks up on the disbandment of MYMP


by Napoleon Quintos | January 23, 2010 2:15 AM

For the past several weeks, Juris has been performing on ASAP XV with her fellow Sessionistas but minus MYMP band mate Chin Alcantara. Then last January 21, Juris finally signed up with Star Records for her very first solo album. This amplified speculations that there was a rift between Juris and Chin due to the former’s decision to launch a solo career. But right after her contract signing, Juris clarified the reasons that led to her break up with Chin. “I think it was already known to everyone that when I was still with MYMP we were already signing with Star Records for an album. It was for my solo album and Chin would produce three songs. Unfortunately we disbanded. Now I’m signing with Star Records for my solo album. I’m thankful that Star Records still wants me.”

Juris did not go into details about what happened that lead to MYMP’s disbandment, but mentioned “differences” as the reason. “There were personal and professional reasons. It has nothing to do with ‘yung pagso-solo ko. We had differences.” The singer-songwriter did not deny that she is sad about the band’s breakup. “We were together for six years. It was hard kasi may mga fans na nagustuhan na kami together. But that’s life I guess.”

Juris dispelled rumors that Chin got insecure about her growing popularity as MYMP’s vocalist that’s why the two parted ways. “I don’t think may issue ng inggitan. When we signed up with Star Records early last year ang nasa contract talaga was for my solo album na and Chin will produce it. Agree na siya na magso-solo ako so hindi totoong may naiingit or what.

“Maayos ‘yung naging disbandment in a sense na we came up with a decision and that we can no longer work together that’s why we disbanded. I haven’t talked to Chin since we disbanded. When we broke up, it was mentioned to me that the band will still continue so obviously they will be looking for a new vocalist.” Juris revealed that the other members of the band are still with her and that she and Chin no longer have the same manager.

There have been reports that Chin has already found a new vocalist for MYMP and that they will also be part of ASAP XV. Juris said that she doesn’t mind running into Chin on the set of the Sunday musical variety show. “Okay lang [kung magkita kami]. It’s bound to happen din naman na magkikita kami. But it’s just work. We’ll just cross the bridge when we get there. I wish them well and all the best.”

1 comment:

  1. the breakup made me sad. Ano kaya ang totoong reasong ng break up nila?? hmmm

    ReplyDelete